英语阅读_On a warm afternoon
On a warm afternoon, I was walking home from a shop, holding a box.
在一个温暖的下午,我手里拿(抱)着一个盒子,正从一家商店走路回家。
Suddenly, a boy on a bicycle zoomed past me at the corner.
突然,一个骑自行车的男孩在拐角处从我身边疾驰而过。
I didn’t even notice him!
我甚至没有注意到他!
I lost my balance while moving backward and fell down.
我在后退时失去了平衡并摔倒了。
The box flew from my hands and landed on the street.
盒子从我手里飞了出去,掉在了街道上。
When I stood up to check it, I found that the drinking glasses inside were broken.
当我站起来去检查它时,我发现里面的水杯碎了。
I returned home with a heavy heart.
我怀着沉重的心情回到了家。
My little brother Aiden ran over and asked, “What happened? Are you OK, Emily?”
我的弟弟艾登跑过来问:“发生什么事了?你还好吗,埃米莉?”
He was worried about me.
他很担心我。
“A boy rushed past me and the box fell. I am sorry that I broke the glasses. We had saved money for weeks to buy the birthday present for Mom, but now it is ruined. And we don’t have any money left,” I said.
“一个男孩从我身边冲过去,盒子掉了。我很抱歉我打碎了水杯。我们存了几周的钱给妈妈买生日礼物,但现在它毁了。而且我们没有任何剩余的钱了,”我说。
Instead of being upset, after thinking for a moment, Aiden’s eyes lit up.
艾登没有沮丧,在思考了一会儿后,他的眼睛亮了起来。
“Let’s make presents for Mom. At school, our teacher taught us to cut out pictures and glue them on paper. I could find pictures in old magazines and make her a card,” Aiden said.
“让我们为妈妈做礼物吧。在学校,我们的老师教我们剪下图片并把它们用胶水粘在纸上。我可以在旧杂志里找到图片并给她做一张卡片,”艾登说。
“Good idea,” I said.
“好主意,”我说。
“I will come up with something else to make her happy, too.”
“我也要想出别的东西让她开心。”
The next morning, Aiden and I woke Mom up.
第二天早上,艾登和我叫醒了妈妈。
“We have presents,” Aiden said with excitement, handing her the card he’d made.
“我们有礼物,”艾登兴奋地说,把他做的卡片递给她。
I waved my special cards in the air.
我在空中挥舞着我的特殊卡片。
“And look, Mom. Every card has a riddle on it, with the answer on the back. You used to love riddles,” I said.
“还有看,妈妈。每张卡片上面都有一个谜语,答案在背面。你以前很喜欢谜语,”我说。
Tears rolled down Mom’s face.
眼泪顺着妈妈的脸流了下来。
She gave us a warm hug and told us the presents meant a lot to her.
她给了我们一个温暖的拥抱,并告诉我们这些礼物对她来说意味深长。
Soon, the tears turned into laughter.
很快,眼泪变成了欢笑。
We sat together and played the riddle game.
我们坐在一起玩谜语游戏。
I read one riddle after another, and Mom tried to guess the answers while Aiden laughed and gave hints.
我读了一个又一个谜语,妈妈努力去猜答案,而艾登在笑并给出提示。
The room was filled with laughter, and Mom looked happier than ever.
房间里充满了欢声笑语,妈妈看起来比以往任何时候都更高兴。
Spending time together made the day truly meaningful.
共同度过时光让这一天变得真正有意义。
全文(全英文)
On a warm afternoon, I was walking home from a shop, holding a box. Suddenly, a boy on a bicycle zoomed past me at the corner. I didn’t even notice him! I lost my balance while moving backward and fell down. The box flew from my hands and landed on the street. When I stood up to check it, I found that the drinking glasses inside were broken.
I returned home with a heavy heart. My little brother Aiden ran over and asked, “What happened? Are you OK, Emily?” He was worried about me. “A boy rushed past me and the box fell. I am sorry that I broke the glasses. We had saved money for weeks to buy the birthday present for Mom, but now it is ruined. And we don’t have any money left,” I said. Instead of being upset, after thinking for a moment, Aiden’s eyes lit up. “Let’s make presents for Mom. At school, our teacher taught us to cut out pictures and glue them on paper. I could find pictures in old magazines and make her a card,” Aiden said. “Good idea,” I said. “I will come up with something else to make her happy, too.”
The next morning, Aiden and I woke Mom up. “We have presents,” Aiden said with excitement, handing her the card he’d made. I waved my special cards in the air. “And look, Mom. Every card has a riddle on it, with the answer on the back. You used to love riddles,” I said. Tears rolled down Mom’s face. She gave us a warm hug and told us the presents meant a lot to her. Soon, the tears turned into laughter.
We sat together and played the riddle game. I read one riddle after another, and Mom tried to guess the answers while Aiden laughed and gave hints.
The room was filled with laughter, and Mom looked happier than ever. Spending time together made the day truly meaningful.
浙公网安备 33010602011771号