英语_阅读_Incorrect beliefs

Has anyone ever told you that eating carrots will help you see in the dark?
有人曾告诉你吃胡萝卜能帮助你在黑暗中看见吗?
This is just one of many incorrect beliefs you may have heard.
这只是你可能听过的许多错误观念中的一个。
Below, we have picked out scientific explanations for three mistakes that people make about their eyes.
下面,我们挑选了三种人们常犯的关于眼睛的错误,并给出科学解释。
Let's take a look.
我们一起来看看。
Can eating carrots improve your eyesight?
吃胡萝卜能改善视力吗?
Carrots are rich in vitamin A, which helps the eyes to turn light into information for your brain.
胡萝卜富含维生素A,有助于眼睛将光线转化为大脑可以理解的信息。
This allows people to see in darker places.
这使得人们能在较暗的地方看得更清楚。
However, eating more carrots won't help you see better.
然而,吃更多的胡萝卜并不会让你视力更好。
A certain minimum amount will help, but a large number of carrots will not give you superhuman vision.
适量的胡萝卜有帮助,但吃大量胡萝卜不会让你获得超凡的视力。
If your parents have bad eyesight, will you have bad eyesight, too?
如果你的父母视力不好,你也会视力不好吗?
Myopia (近视) can be passed from parents to children.
近视可以从父母遗传给子女。
A study by the American Optometric Association found that if both parents are myopic, there's a 33 to 60 percent chance that their child will be.
美国验光学协会的一项研究发现,如果父母双方都是近视,子女近视的概率为33%至60%。
For children who have one parent with myopia, the chance is 23 to 40 percent, and it's down to 6 to 15 percent for kids with non-myopic parents.
如果只有一方父母近视,子女的概率为23%至40%;而如果父母都不是近视,子女的概率降至6%至15%。
So if your eyesight is bad, your children might still have good vision.
所以,如果你的视力不好,你的孩子可能还是会有好的视力。
Do color-blind people see the world in black and white?
色盲的人看到的世界是黑白的吗?
Color blindness doesn't usually mean that people see the world like an old movie.
色盲通常并不意味着人们像看老电影一样只看到黑白。
They usually can't tell certain colors apart, especially green and red.
色盲的人通常不能分辨某些颜色,特别是绿色和红色。
Another commonly confused pair of colors is yellow and blue.
另一个常被混淆的颜色是黄色和蓝色。
Our eyes have cone cells that sense different wavelengths of light.
我们的眼睛中有锥体细胞,能够感知不同波长的光线。
If these cells don't work properly, color blindness occurs.
如果这些细胞无法正常工作,就会导致色盲。
There are different levels of color blindness.
色盲有不同的程度。
Some people are only color-blind in low light.
有些人只在低光环境下出现色盲。
However, in the most serious form of color blindness, everything is shades of gray.
然而,在最严重的色盲形式中,一切都呈灰色调。
==
Has anyone ever told you that eating carrots will help you see in the dark? This is just one of many incorreet beliefs you may have heard. Below, we have pieked out scientific explanations for three mistakes that people make about their eyes. Let's take a look.
Can eating carrots improve your eyesight? Carrots are rich in vitamin A. which helps the eyes to turn light into information for your brain. This allows people to see in darker places. However, cating more carrots won't help you see better. A certain minimum amount will help, but a large number of carrots will not give you superhuman vision.
If your parents have bad eyesight, will you have bad eyesight, too? Myopia(近视) can be passed from parents to children, A study by the American Optometric Association found that if both parents are myopie(近视的), there's a 33 to 60 percent chance that their child will be: For children who have one parent with myopia, the chance is 23 to 40 percent, and it's down to 6 to 15 percent for kids with non-myopic parents, So if your eyesight is bad, your children might still have good vision.
Do color-blind people see the world in black and white? Color blindness doesn't usually mean that people see the world like an old movie. They usually can't tell certain colors apart, especially green and red. Another commonly confused pair of colors is yellow and blue. Our eyes have cone cells that sense different wavelengths of light. If these cells don't work properly, color blindness occurs, There are different levels of color blindness. Some people are only color-blind in low light. However, in the most serious form of color blindness, everything is shades of gray.
==

浙公网安备 33010602011771号