51. What are the techniques involved in using SAP supplied programs?
Do you prefer to write your own programs to load master data? Why?
52. What are logical databases? What are the advantages/disadvantages of logical databases?
To read data from a database tables we use logical database.
A logical database provides read-only access to a group of related tables to an ABAP/4 program.
The programmer need not worry about the primary key for each table.Because Logical database knows how the different tables relate to each other,and can issue the SELECT command with proper where clause to retrieve the data.
i)An easy-to-use standard user interface.
ii)check functions which check that user input is complete,correct,and plausible.
iii)meaningful data selection.
iv)central authorization checks for database accesses.
v)good read access performance while retaining the hierarchical data view determined by the application logic.
i)If you donot specify a logical database in the program attributes,the GET events never occur.
ii)There is no ENDGET command,so the code block associated with an event ends with the next event
statement (such as another GET or an END-OF-SELECTION).
53. What specific statements do you using when writing a drill down report?
AT LINE-SELECTION,AT USER-COMMAND,AT PF.
54. What are different tools to report data in SAP? What all have you used?
55. What are the advantages and disadvantages of ABAP/4 query tool?
56. What are the functional areas? User groups? and how does ABAP/4 query work in relation to these?
57. Is a logical database a requirement/must to write an ABAP/4 query?
59. What are Change header/detail tables? Have you used them?
60. What do you do when the system crashes in the middle of a BDC batch session?
we will look into the error log file (SM35).
61. What do you do with errors in BDC batch sessions?
We look into the list of incorrect session and process it again. To correct incorrect session we analyize the session to determine which screen and value produced the error.For small errors in data we correct them interactively otherwise
modify batch input program that has generated the session or many times even the datafile.
62. How do you set up background jobs in SAP? What are the steps? What are the event driven batch jobs?
go to SM36 and create background job by giving job name,job class and job steps(JOB SCHEDULING)
63. Is it possible to run host command from SAP environment? How do you run?
64. What kind of financial periods exist in SAP? What is the relavent table for that?
65. Does SAP handle multiple currencies? Multiple languages?
66. What is a currency factoring technique?
67. How do you document ABAP/4 programs? Do you use program documentation menu option?
68. What is SAPscript and layout set?
The tool which is used to create layout set is called SAPscript. Layout set is a design document.
69. What are the ABAP/4 commands that link to a layout set?
control commands,system commands,
70. What is output determination?
71. What are IDOCs?
IDOCs are intermediate documents to hold the messages as a container.
72. What are screen painter? menu painter? Gui status? ..etc.
dynpro - flow logic + screens.
menu painter -
GUI Status - It is subset of the interface elements(title bar,menu bar,standard tool bar,push buttons) used for a certain screen.
The status comprises those elements that are currently needed by the transaction.
73. What is screen flow logic? What are the sections in it? Explain PAI and PBO.
The control statements that control the screen flow.
PBO - This event is triggered before the screen is displayed.
PAI - This event is responsible for processing of screen after the user enters the data and clicks the pushbutton.
74. Overall how do you write transaction programs in SAP?
Create program-SE93-create transcode-Run it from command field.
75. Does SAP has a GUI screen painter or not? If yes what operating systems is it available on? What is the other type of screen painter called?
76. What are step loops? How do you program pagedown pageup in step loops?
step loops are repeated blocks of field in a screen.
77. Is ABAP a GUI language?
ABAP IS AN EVENT DRIVEN LANGUAGE.
78. Normally how many and what files get created when a transaction program is written?
What is the XXXXXTOP program?
79. What are the include programs?
When the same sequence of statements in several programs are to be written repeadly they are coded in include programs (External programs) and are included in ABAP/4 programs.
80. Can you call a subroutine of one program from another program?
ans:- Yes- only external subroutines Using 'SUBMIT' statement.
81. What are user exits? What is involved in writing them? What precations are needed?
82. What are RFCs? How do you write RFCs on SAP side?
83. What are the general naming conventions of ABAP programs?
Should start with Y or Z.
84. How do you find if a logical database exists for your program requrements?
85. How do you find the tables to report from when the user just tell you the transaction he uses? And all the underlying data is from SAP structures?
Transcode is entered in command field to open the table.Utilities-Table contents-display.
86. How do you find the menu path for a given transaction in SAP?
87. What are the different modules of SAP?
89. How do you get help in ABAP?
HELP-SAP LIBRARY,by pressing F1 on a keyword.
90. What are different ABAP/4 editors? What are the differences?
91. What are the different elements in layout sets?
PAGES,Page windows,Header,Paragraph,Character String,Windows.
92. Can you use if then else, perform ..etc statements in sap script?
93. What type of variables normally used in sap script to output data?
94. How do you number pages in sapscript layout outputs?
95. What takes most time in SAP script programming?
LAYOUT DESIGN AND LOGO INSERTION.
96. How do you use tab sets in layout sets?
97. How do you backup sapscript layout sets? Can you download and upload? How?
98. What are presentation and application servers in SAP?
The application layer of an R/3 System is made up of the application servers and the message server. Application programs in an R/3 System are run on application servers. The application servers communicate with the presentation components, the database, and also with each other, using the message server.
99. In an ABAP/4 program how do you access data that exists on a presentation server vs on an application server?
i)using loop statements.
100. What are different data types in ABAP/4?
ex: see in intel book page no 35/65
userdefined Field Strings and internal tables.
101. What is difference between session method and Call Transaction?
102. Setting up a BDC program where you find information from?
103. What has to be done to the packed fields before submitting to a BDC session.
fields converted into character type.
104. What is the structure of a BDC sessions.
BDCDATA (standard structure).
105. What are the fields in a BDC_Tab Table.
106. What do you define in the domain and data element.
Technical details like
107. What is the difference between a pool table and a transparent table and how they are stored at the database level.
ii)Pool tables is a logical representation of transparent tables .Hence no existence at database level. Where as transparent tables are physical tables and exist at database level.
108. What is cardinality?
For cardinality one out of two (domain or data element) should be the same for Ztest1 and Ztest2 tables. M:N
Cardinality specifies the number of dependent(Target) and independent (source) entities which can be in a relationship.