I just released Irrlicht version 1.0. It includes some few new features and bugfixes since the last release and has been carefully tested. Some of the new features are:
- Enhanced software rasterizer: 32 bit rendering, dynamic lights, more materials (Thx to Thomas Alten!).
- Support for the Code::Blocks IDE
- Microsoft .dll hell awareness (no more abort and 'd3dx9_xx.dll not found' messages), Irrlicht will also operate if some of these dlls can not be loaded.
- Better support for orthogonal rendering and drawing to foreign windows, useful for creating 2D games, editors and 3D tools using Irrlicht.
- Improved Irrlicht.NET (root scene node, view frustrums, bounding boxes, ...)
- More precise picking
- gcc 4 support
- Bugfixes, other small implemented feature requests
For a complete list, please take a look at the changes.txt file. Happy downloading. I'm quite happy to get this release out, and also wrote down a small summary of the development of Irrlicht until now, why Irrlicht 1.0 has been released now, and what will be done in the future, on my blog.