Fork me on GitHub

Chapter 4 Invitations——9

I didn't want to get into the safety hazards that dancing presented, so I quickly made new plans.
我不想陷入跳舞表演的安全危机,所以我很快的做了一个新的计划。

  "I'm going to Seattle that Saturday," I explained. I needed to get out of town anyway — it was suddenly the perfect time to go.
  “我这周六会去西雅图,”我解释道。我必须出城——这是一个出去的完美的时间。

  "Can't you go some other weekend?"
  “别的周末就不行吗?”
  
  "Sorry, no," I said. "So you shouldn't make Jess wait any longer — it's rude."
  “抱歉,不行,”我说道。“所以你不应该让Jess再等了——这不礼貌”
  
  "Yeah, you're right," he mumbled, and turned, dejected, to walk back to his seat.
  “对,你说的对,”他含糊的说道,然后转头,沮丧的回到了他自己的位置上。
  
  I closed my eyes and pressed my fingers to my temples, trying to push the guilt and sympathy out of my head. Mr. Banner began talking.
  我闭上了眼睛并且把我的手指按在了太阳穴上,尝试让我的内疚和同情离开我的脑子。Banner老师开始讲课了。
  
  I sighed and opened my eyes.
  我叹着气并且睁开了眼睛。
  
  And Edward was staring at me curiously, that same, familiar edge of frustration even more distinct now in his black eyes.
  Edward开始好奇的盯着我,同样的,现在在他黑色的眼睛肿熟悉和沮丧更加明显。
  
  I stared back, surprised, expecting him to look quickly away.
  我回头看着,惊讶的,预料到他会很快看向别处。
  
  But instead he continued to gaze with probing intensity into my eyes.
  但是取而代之的是他用强烈的探索欲继续凝视我的眼睛。
  
  There was no question of me looking away.
  毫无疑问的是我开箱了别处。
  
  My hands started to shake.
  我的手开始颤抖。

 

posted @ 2018-05-12 10:28  LinkinStar  阅读(140)  评论(0)    收藏  举报