TPO-23 C1 Post a student announcement

第 1 段

1.Listen to a conversation between a student and the director of campus activities.

请听一段学生与校园活动主任之间的对话。

第 2 段

1.I'm here 'cause... well, there's something I don't understand.

我来是……呃,我有件事我不太明白。

2.I set an announcement for an event.

我发了一个事件的声明

3.And this morning I checked the events section of the university's website.

但是今天早上我查询校园网站的事件栏

4.And nothing, there is no mention of it.【学生提出了一个问题】

却没发现任何有关的消息。

第 3 段

1.And when did you submit this request?

你是什么时候提交的申请?

第 4 段

1.Last Wednesday. I followed the instructions very carefully.

上周三。我仔细的按照要求做的。

2.I am sure it was Wednesday, because I know announcements have to be submitted three business days ahead of the posting day.

我确定是上个周三,因为我知道声明必须在公布之日的三个工作日之前提交。

第 5 段

1.And what's it for?【director开始详细了解】

是有关什么的声明呢?

第 6 段

1.A reading.

关于阅读的。

第 7 段

1.A reading?

阅读?

第 8 段

1.Yes. A poetry reading.

是的,诗歌阅读。

第 9 段

1.Oh, oK. And when is it?【时间】

哦,好。什么时候?

第 10 段

1.In three days. It is an author from France we have been trying to get for a while.

三天后。是我们一直想要联系的一位法国作家。

2.And now that he has finally agreed to come, no one will be there.

现在他终于同意要来了,却没人去参加。

第 11 段

1.Wow. This person is really coming all the way from France?

哇,他真的大老远的法国来啊?

第 12 段

1.Oh, no. He is teaching in New York City this year.

哇,他真的大老远的法国来啊?

2.We were able to sell him on the idea by promising there will be a nice size crowd.

我们十分有信心能够将他推荐给广大的读者

3.I felt confident about that. Because I know how enthusiastic our group is.

因为我们的团体中对他十分推崇。

第 13 段

1.And your group... do you have a name?【2问学生的身份】

因为我们的团体中对他十分推崇。

第 14 段

1.Um... it is kind of a loose group, you know, just a bunch of students in the French department who are interested in French literature.

呃,我们的团体比较松散,就是法语系的一些对法国文学感兴趣的学生。

2.There's no formal structure or anything.【1这里学生已经开始透露一点问题了】

还没有正式的组织或其他的

3.I guess you could call us the French Literature Reading Group.

我想你可以叫我们法国文学阅读俱乐部。

第 15 段

1.OK. And it is a recognized group? By the university, I mean.

好的。你们的团体是认证团体吗?我的意思是在学校?

第 16 段

1.No.

不是。

第 17 段

1.OK.

好的。

第 18 段

1.But the French Department is funding this, on the condition that we do all the legwork. // legwork 外出搜索的工作 【1解释为啥not a recognized group】

但是如果我们承担所有的外勤工作,法语系会为我们赞助。

第 19 段

1.All right. Hold on a second while I check.

好的,请等一下,我需要查一下。

2.Well, it looks like we did receive your announcement last Wednesday.

好了,看来我们的确在上个星期三接到了你的声明。

3.Uh, looks like the editors must have decided not to include your event in this week's listings.【解释了原因是 not including】

但是估计是编辑决定不把你们的活动登在本周的目录中。

第 20 段

1.Not included? Why?

不发表,为什么?

第 21 段

1.Well, we don't post things automatically.

是这样的,我们并不是自动发表的。

2.We get so many requests that we couldn't possibly post them all.

我们有许多要求,所以不能发表所有的项目。

3.So events that are thought to be too specialized, without the potential for really wide appeal...【2解释为啥not including】

所以只有被确定是有专业化的事件才能被发表,如果那些看起来不会太吸引人的……

第 22 段

1.Wow, I got to say that does surprise me.

哇,我不得不说我很惊讶。

2.What am I going to do now? I mean, he really is quite famous.

现在我该怎么办呢?我说说,他的确是十分有名。

3.I really do think there would be a genuine interest beyond my group.

我真的觉得除了我们的团队还会有很多人真正对此有兴趣。

4.It would be a shame if no one shows up because there isn't enough publicity.

如果是因为宣传不够而没有人参加,那将会是个遗憾。

5.Is there anyone else I can talk to?【1寻求其他解决办法】

我还可以跟其他人谈谈吗?

第 23 段

1.I don't think that would do you much good since we are already working on next week's schedule.

我认为那也不会有什么用,因为我们已经开始做下个星期的计划了。

2.But maybe you could ask the French department to post the announcement on its website.

但是你或许可以让法语系的网站发一个声明。

3.And maybe you could approach some other departments as well, you know, relevant ones.【2解决办法是relevant ones】

你还可以跟其他系练习一下,跟这个有关系的系。

第 24 段

1.I knew we should have done a poster, but everybody was like, oh, you can just post it online.

我就知道我应该做一个海报。但大家都说,哦,你只要在网上宣传就可以了。

2.In any event, thanks for your help. It's something to consider.

不管怎么样,谢谢你的帮助。你的建议值得考虑。

posted on 2019-02-07 20:09  leihui  阅读(237)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报