TPO-19 C2 Cafeteria's Food Policy

TPO-19 C2 Cafeteria's Food Policy
第 1 段

1.Listen to a conversation between a student and the director of the student cafeteria.

听下面一段学生和学生食堂负责人之间的对话。

第 2 段

1.Hi, I... I am sorry to interrupt, could I ask you a few questions?

您好!我,嗯,很不好意思打扰您;我能问几个问题吗?

第 3 段

1.Sure, but if it is about your meal plan, you'll need to go to Room 45, just down the hall.

好的,不过你的问题如果与伙食计划有关的话,你要到 45 号房间,沿着大厅直走,到那儿问才行。

第 4 段

1.Eh, no, I am OK with my meal plan.

嗯,不是,我觉得伙食计划还不错。

2.I am actually here about the food in the student cafeteria.

我到这儿来,是与学生食堂的食物有关的。

提出问题的主题,表示了一下礼貌

第 5 段

1.Oh, we do feed a lot of students, so we can't always honor individual requests, I am sure you understand.

哦,我们这儿为许多学生提供餐饮,这样的话,我们不能每一次都照顾各个学生的要求。我想这你也能理解吧!

第 6 段

1.Of course. It is just that I am a little concerned, I mean, a lot of us are, that a lot of the food you serve isn't really that healthy.

当然我能理解。只是我有些担心,我想说的是,你们这里提供的相当一部分食品,其实并不是特别健康,

提出具体问题

2.Like there are so many deep-fried foods.

譬如许多油炸得很透的东西。

第 7 段

1.As a matter of fact, we recently changed the type of oil we use in our fryer. It is the healthiest available.

是这样的,我们最近调换了炸箱里的油的种类,新换的油是目前最健康的。

解释学生的问题

2.And would you believe that at least ten students have already complaint that their french fries and fried chicken don't taste as good since we switched?

可是,你能相信吗,自从我们换了油以后,至少 10 个学生投诉说法式炸品和炸鸡的味道比以前难吃了。

第 8 段

1.Oh, I try not to eat too many fried foods anyway.

哦,不过,我尽力不吃那么多油炸食品。

2.I am just aware that, eh... You see, I used to work in a natural food store.

我只是想到,嗯,我以前在一家天然食品店里上班,

3.They had all these literature advising people to eat fresh organic growing food.

他们有各式各样劝告人们食用新鲜有机食品的广告语。

提出在natural food store的经验让他觉得有机食品很不错

4.Working there really open my eyes.

在那儿上班确实给我开了眼界!

第 9 段

1.Did you come to the organic food festival we had last year to celebrate Earth Day?

你来过我们在庆祝地球之日时举办的有机食品节吗?

进一步解释

第 10 段

1.Oh, sorry, I must have missed that.

哦,对不起,我想我肯定是错过了。

第 11 段

1.We served only certified organic food, most of which was from local farms.

我们那时只提供经过认证的有机食品,它们多数本地农场出产的。

2.It is not something we can afford to do on a daily basis, and there aren't too many organic farms around here.

这种活动成本太高,要天天搞的话,我们负担不起。而且,周围的有机食品并不多。

关键在于cant afford everyday, first is no money, second is no farms

3.But sometime the produce we offer is organically grown.

但是,有时我们提供的食物,是自然生长的。

4.It depends on the season and the prices of course.

这种食物的供应量当然取决于季节和价格了。

第 12 段

1.That's good to know. I like the fact that organic farms don't use chemical pesticides or anything that can pollute the soil or the water.

我很高兴能知道这一点。我希望,有机农场不会使用化学杀虫剂这种会污染水土的东西。

no pollution and no chemical

第 13 段

1.I do too. But let me ask you this.

我也是这样想的。但我这样跟你说吧,

2.Is it better for the environment to buy locally grown produce that is not certified as organic or is it better to get organically grown fruits and vegetables that must be trucked in from California, three thousand miles away.

到底是买本地出产但没有被标记为有机食品的农产品好呢,还是采购从三千里之外的加州、通过燃烧汽油运过来的有机蔬菜和水果好?

3.What about fossil fuels burned by the trucks' engine.

那卡车消耗的汽油呢?

4.Plus the expense of shipping food across long distances.

外加上,从距离远的地方货运的成本高昂。

all in all, 关键在于 long distance, and local farm

5.And nutritionally speaking, an apple is an apple however it is grown.

从营养学的角度讲,一个苹果,不管它是怎么长出来的,好歹都是一个苹果。

第 14 段

1.I see your point. It is not so clear-cut.

我明白你的意思了。这确实是很难做出决定的事情。

第 15 段

1.Why don't you visit our cafeteria's website?

为什么不访问以下学校食堂的网站呢?

2.We list all our food suppliers. You know, where we buy the food that we serve.

我们列出了我们所有的食品供应商,即我们所有食品的原材料来源。

3.And the site also suggests ways to make your overall diet a healthy one.

而且网站上还有如何让你们的饮食更加健康的建议。

4.You can also find some charts listing fat and calorie content for different types of seafood, meat and the other major food groups.

你可以在上面找到各种海鲜,肉类等主要食物品种的脂肪和卡路里含量。

find charts
listing fat and calorie

第 16 段

1.I didn't realize you thought about all these things so carefully, I just noticed the high-calorie food in the cafeteria.

我一直没有想到,你们居然把事情想得这么周到!我只是注意到了食堂里海鲜的热量高。

第 17 段

1.Well, we have to give choices so everyone is satisfied.

嗯,我们尝试了各种机会,以满足每一个学生的要求。

2.But if you wish to pursue this further, I suggest that you talk to my boss.

但如果你想要在此之外提出更多的要求的话,我建议你和我的老板聊聊。

第 18 段

1.That's OK, seems like you are doing what you can.

这就够了,事实上你们已经在尽力而为了。

posted on 2019-01-29 22:33  leihui  阅读(298)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报