TPO-15 C2 Performance on a biology exam

TPO-15 C2 Performance on a biology exam
第 1 段
1.Listen to part of a conversation between a Student and her biology professor.
听一段学生与生物教授的对话
第 2 段
1.Hi Samantha, how did your track meet go?
嗨,萨曼莎,田径运动会怎么样?

track meet n. 田径运动会

第 3 段
1.Great! I placed first in one race and third in another.
好极了。我在一个竞赛中获得了第一名,另外一个获得了第三名。
第 4 段
1.Congratulations! You must practice a lot.
恭喜你啊。你一定是锻炼了不少。
第 5 段
1.Three times a week pre-season, but now that we're competing every weekend, we practice 6 days a week from 3:30 till 5:00.
赛季前每周训练三次,但是现在我们每周末进行比赛,我们每周需要锻炼6天,从3点半到5点。
第 6 段
1.Athletics place a heavy demand on your time, don't they?
体育运动占了你的很多时间,是吧?

athletics n. 竞技;体育运动;田径运动

第 7 段
1.Yeah, but I really love competing, so...
是的,但是我真的很喜欢竞争,所以……
第 8 段
1.You know I played soccer in college and my biggest challenge, and I didn't always succeed, was getting my studying in during soccer season. Are you having a similar...
你知道我在大学时踢足球,而且是我最大的挑战了,我总是在赛季之间调节不好足球和学习之间的关系。你有没有类似的……

in during ~

第 9 段
1.No, I... I really do make time to study.
没有,我倒是真的挤时间来学习。
2.And I actually study more for this class than I do for all my other classes.
而且我对这个科目的学习也比其他科目更尽心。
3.But I didn't see the grade I expected on my mid-term exam, which is why I came by.
但是我没有看到我所希望的期中考试成绩,这也是我来这儿的原因。

中心句
mid-term 期中

第 10 段
1.Well, you didn't do badly on the exam, but I agree it did not reflect your potential.
呃,你的成绩倒不是说差,但是我的确没有展示出你应该具备的潜力。
2.I say this because your work on the lab project was exemplary.
我这么说是因为你在实验室项目上的出色表现。

lab project ~
exemplary adj. 典范的;惩戒性的;可仿效的

3.I was so impressed with the way you handle the microscope and the samples of onion cells, and with how carefully you observed and diagramed and interpreted each stage of cell division.
你操作显微镜以及洋葱细胞样本的方式让我很印象深刻,你很认真的观察、画图并且解释了细胞分裂的每个过程。

对 cell发音不熟悉
diagram interpret observe

4.And I don't think you could have done that if you hadn't read and understood the chapter.
我想如果你没有读并理解这个章节的内容的话,也不会做的那么好,
5.I mean it seemed like you really had a good understanding of it.
我的意思是说你真的领会的很好。
第 11 段
1.I thought so too, but I missed some questions about cell division on the exam.
我开始也这么认为。但是在考试中,关于细胞分裂的问题我少了几点。

cell division ~

第 12 段
1.So what happened?
那是怎么回事呢?
第 13 段
1.I just sort of blanked out, I guess.
我想我就是一时大脑空白了。

blank

2.I had a hard time remembering details.
很难想起来每个细节了,
3.It was so frustrating.
真是沮丧透了。
第 14 段
1.Alright, let's back up.
好吧,让我们倒退一下。
2.You say you studied, where, at home?
你说你学习了,在哪,在家?
第 15 段
1.At my kitchen table actually.
其实是在厨房的桌子上。
第 16 段
1.And that's supposed to be a quiet environment?
那是一个安静的环境吗?
第 17 段
1.Not exactly. My brother and parents try to keep it down when I am studying, but the phone pretty much rings off the hook, so...
其实不是。当我学习的时候,我哥哥和父母试着小点声,但是电话总是响个不停。所以……
第 18 段
1.So you might try a place with fewer distractions, like the library...
那么你应该去一个少让你分心的地方学习,比如图书馆……
第 19 段
1.But the library closes at mid-night, and I like to study all night before a test, you know, so everything is fresh in my mind.
但是图书馆午夜就关门了。而我喜欢考试前通宵达旦的学习,你知道的,所以我会记忆犹新。

fresh

2.I studied six straight hours the night before the mid-term exam.
期中考试前的那天晚上我连着学习了6个小时。

straight adv. 直接地;不断地;立即;坦率地

3.That's why I expected to do so much better.
这也是我觉得自己能做的更好的原因。
第 20 段
1.Oh ok.
哦。
2.You know that studying six consecutive hours is not equivalent to studying one hour a day for six days.
你知道连着学习6个小时与6天每天学习一小时是不一样的。

consecutive adj. 连贯的;连续不断的

第 21 段
1.It isn't?
是吗?
第 22 段
1.No. There is research that shows that after about an hour of intense focus, your brain needs a break.
是的。研究显示,人们在特别专门一个小时以后,我们的大脑需要休息。
2.It needs to, you know,** shift gears a little.
你知道的,它需要
调整一下**。

从前面你的 needs a break 大概知道是啥意思

3.Your brain's ability to absorb information starts to decline after about the first hour.
你的大脑吸收知识的能力在学习一个小时之后就会减弱。
4.So if you are dealing with a lot of new concepts and vocabulary, anyway, if you just reviewed your notes, even 20 minutes a day, it'd be much better than waiting until the night before an exam to try and absorb all those details.
所以如果你在学习许多新的概念或者词汇,不管怎么说,如果你就复习笔记,哪怕就每天20分钟,也比等到考试前临时抱佛脚要好很多。
第 23 段
1.Oh, I didn't realize.
哦,我之前还真没意识到。
第 24 段
1.Think of your brain as a muscle.
把你的大脑想成是一块肌肉。
2.If you didn't practice regularly with your track team, and then tried to squeeze in three weeks worth of running practice just the day before a track meet, how well do you think you'd perform in your races?
如果你不每天和团队训练的话,然后打算在田径运动会的前一天将之前的锻炼都一起进行了,你觉得你在竞赛中能发挥多好呢?

squeeze vt. 挤;紧握;勒索

posted on 2019-01-12 15:20  leihui  阅读(336)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报