This list contains python libraries related to web scraping and data processing
- Python Web Scraping
- Web-scraping Frameworks
- HTML/XML Parsing
- Text processing
- Specific Formats Processing
- Natural Language Processing
- Browser automation and emulation
- Cloud Computing
- URL and Network Address Manipulation
- Web Content Extracting
- DNS Resolving
- Computer Vision
- Proxy Server
- Other Python Lists
- urllib - network library (stdlib)
- requests - network library
- grab - network library (pycurl based)
- pycurl - network library (binding to libcurl)
- urllib3 - Python HTTP library with thread-safe connection pooling, file post support, sanity friendly, and more.
- httplib2 - network library
- RoboBrowser - A simple, Pythonic library for browsing the web without a standalone web browser.
- MechanicalSoup - A Python library for automating interaction with websites.
- mechanize - Stateful programmatic web browsing.
- socket low-level networking interface (stdlib)
- Unirest for Python - Unirest is a set of lightweight HTTP libraries available in multiple languages
- hyper - HTTP/2 Client for Python
- PySocks - Updated and actively maintained version of SocksiPy, with bug fixes and extra features. Acts as a drop-in replacement to the socket module.
- Full Featured Crawlers
- lxml - effective HTML/XML processing library. Supports XPATH. Written in C.
- cssselect - working with DOM tree with CSS selectors
- pyquery - working with DOM tree with jQuery-like selectors
- BeautifulSoup - slow HTML/XMl processing library, written in pure python
- html5lib - builds DOM of HTML/XML document according to WHATWG spec. That spec is used in all modern browsers.
- feedparser - parsing of RSS/ATOM feeds.
- MarkupSafe - Implements a XML/HTML/XHTML Markup safe string for Python.
- xmltodict - Working with XML feel like you are working with JSON.
- xhtml2pdf - HTML/CSS to PDF converter.
- untangle - Converts XML documents to Python objects for easy access.
- hodor - Configuration driven wrapper around lxml and cssselect.
- chopper - Tool to extract a part from HTML page with corresponding CSS rules and preserving correct HTML.
- selectolax - Python bindings to Modest engine (fast HTML5 parser with CSS selectors).
Libraries for parsing and manipulating plain texts.
- unidecode - ASCII transliterations of Unicode text.
- python-nameparser - Parsing human names into their individual components.
- phonenumbers - Parsing, formatting, storing and validating international phone numbers.
Libraries for parsing and manipulating specific text formats.
- tablib - A module for Tabular Datasets in XLS, CSV, JSON, YAML.
- textract - Extract text from any document, Word, PowerPoint, PDFs, etc.
- messytables - Tools for parsing messy tabular data
- rows - A common, beautiful interface to tabular data, no matter the format (currently CSV, HTML, XLS, TXT -- more coming!)
- python-docx - Reads, queries and modifies Microsoft Word 2007/2008 docx files.
- xlwt / xlrd - Writing and reading data and formatting information from Excel files.
- XlsxWriter - A Python module for creating Excel .xlsx files.
- xlwings - A BSD-licensed library that makes it easy to call Python from Excel and vice versa.
- openpyxl - A library for reading and writing Excel 2010 xlsx/xlsm/xltx/xltm files.
- Marmir - Takes Python data structures and turns them into spreadsheets.
- PyYAML - YAML implementations for Python.
- cssutils - A CSS library for Python.
- feedparser - Universal feed parser.
- sqlparse - A non-validating SQL parser.
- http-parser - HTTP request/response parser for python in C
- opengraph - A Python module to parse the Open Graph Protocol tags
pefile - A multi-platform module to parse and work with Portable Executable (aka PE) files.
Libraries for working with human languages.
- NLTK - A leading platform for building Python programs to work with human language data.
- Pattern - A web mining module for the Python. It has tools for natural language processing, machine learning, among others.
- TextBlob - Providing a consistent API for diving into common NLP tasks. Stands on the giant shoulders of NLTK and Pattern.
- jieba - Chinese Words Segmentation Utilities.
- SnowNLP - A library for processing Chinese text.
- loso - Another Chinese segmentation library.
- genius - A Chinese segment base on Conditional Random Field.
- langid.py - Stand-alone language identification system.
- Korean - A library for Korean morphology.
- pymorphy2 - Morphological analyzer (POS tagger + inflection engine) for Russian language.
- PyPLN - A distributed pipeline for natural language processing, made in Python. he goal of the project is to create an easy way to use NLTK for processing big corpora, with a Web interface.
- langdetect - Port of Google's language-detection library to Python
- Headless tools
- xvfbwrapper - Python wrapper for running a display inside X virtual framebuffer (Xvfb)
- threading - standard python library to run threads. Effective for I/O-bound tasks. Useless for CPU-bound tasks because of python GIL.
- multiprocessing - standard python library to run processes.
- celery - An asynchronous task queue/job queue based on distributed message passing.
- concurrent-futures - The concurrent.futures module provides a high-level interface for asynchronously executing callables.
Libraries for asynchronous networking programming.
- asyncio - (Python standard library in Python 3.4+) Asynchronous I/O, event loop, coroutines and tasks.
- Twisted - An event-driven networking engine.
- Tornado - A Web framework and asynchronous networking library.
- pulsar - Event-driven concurrent framework for Python.
- diesel - Greenlet-based event I/O Framework for Python.
- gevent - A coroutine-based Python networking library that uses greenlet.
- eventlet - Asynchronous framework with WSGI support.
- Tomorrow - Magic decorator syntax for asynchronous code.
- grequests - Make asynchronous HTTP Requests easily.
- celery - An asynchronous task queue/job queue based on distributed message passing.
- huey - Little multi-threaded task queue.
- mrq - Mr. Queue - A distributed worker task queue in Python using Redis & gevent.
- RQ - lightweight task queue manager based on redis
- simpleq - A simple, infinitely scalable, Amazon SQS based queue.
- python-gearman - python API for Gearman
Libraries for parsing email.
- flanker - A email address and Mime parsing library.
- Talon - Mailgun library to extract message quotations and signatures.
Libraries for parsing/modifying URLs and network addresses.
- furl - A small Python library that makes manipulating URLs simple.
- purl - A simple, immutable URL class with a clean API for interrogation and manipulation.
- urllib.parse - interface to break Uniform Resource Locator (URL) strings up in components (addressing scheme, network location, path etc.), to combine the components back into a URL string, and to convert a “relative URL” to an absolute URL given a “base URL.” (stdlib)
- tldextract - Accurately separate the TLD from the registered domain and subdomains of a URL, using the Public Suffix List.
- Network Address
Libraries for extracting web contents.
- Text and metadata from HTML pages
- newspaper - News extraction, article extraction and content curation in Python.
- python-goose - HTML Content/Article Extractor.
- scrapely - Library for extracting structured data from HTML pages. Given some example web pages and the data to be extracted, scrapely constructs a parser for all similar pages.
- Metadata from HTML pages
- Text/Data from HTML pages
- Haul - An Extensible Image Crawler.
- WikiTeam - Tools for downloading and preserving wikis.
Libraries for working with WebSocket.
- Crossbar - Open-source Unified Application Router (Websocket & WAMP for Python on Autobahn).
- AutobahnPython - WebSocket & WAMP for Python on Twisted and asyncio.
- WebSocket-for-Python - WebSocket client and server library for Python 2 and 3 as well as PyPy.
- dnsyo - Check your DNS against over 1500 global DNS servers.
- pycares - interface to c-ares. c-ares is a C library that performs DNS requests and name resolutions asynchronously
- OpenCV - Open Source Computer Vision Library.
- SimpleCV - Concise, readable interface for cameras, image manipulation, feature extraction, and format conversion (based on OpenCV).
- mahotas - fast computer vision algorithms (all implemented in C++) operating over numpy arrays.
- shadowsocks - A fast tunnel proxy that helps you bypass firewalls (TCP & UDP support, User management API, TCP Fast Open, Workers and graceful restart, Destination IP blacklist)
- tproxy - tproxy is a simple TCP routing proxy (layer 7) built on Gevent that lets you configure the routine logic in Python
- user_agent - this module is for generating random, valid web navigator's configs & User-Agent HTTP headers.