Premier Field Engineer - SharePoint/MOSS
The purpose of the Premier Field Engineer (PFE) position is to provide Microsoft customers with reliable technical solutions to the complex integration problems associated with business solutions built using Windows SharePoint Services, SharePoint Portal Server and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. Typical tasks performed in this role include specific problem isolation and correction, conducting application design and technical reviews, performance tuning, application stability consulting/troubleshooting, code reviews, porting/migration assistance, configuration/administration management, pre-rollout testing and general development consulting. The prospective PFE candidate should draw upon all resources at Microsoft, to advise and consult on the use of Microsoft SharePoint Technologies to avoid such problems in the future.
• Candidates must have exceptional customer service, problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level.
• Must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and operate as a self contained business unit within the PFE team.
• Must demonstrate the aptitude for providing exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
• Show the ability to enhance the technical expertise of peers via training development and delivery, mentoring of new hires, and team content development.
• Demonstrate strategic thinking with value-add contributions.
• Strong business background in Fortune 500 and/or experience with systems technology consulting firm desired.
• Strong knowledge & technical proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint Technologies including Windows SharePoint Services, SharePoint Portal Server, & Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
• Solid understanding of the Microsoft Windows platform and standard client/server, networking, and Internet fundamentals.
• Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the System Engineer level.
• From this foundation, the PFE position is exposed to many technologies, including but not limited to: IIS, SQL Server, development with .NET languages, XML and Scripting technologies, and data access technologies.
• Practical user mode debugging is a preferred skill, but not required.
Travel requirements vary regionally. Engineers must be available for travel dispatch 24x7x365.
College degree, preferably in Computer Science, is required. MCTS in SharePoint Technologies or other applicable advanced certification is strongly preferred, but not required at hire; however, must be obtained within 12 months of hire. We will consider related field (or equivalent) experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.