大江东去,浪淘尽,千古风流人物。故垒西边,人道是,三国周郎赤壁。乱石穿空,惊涛拍岸,卷起千堆雪。江山如画,一时多少豪杰。遥想公瑾当年,小乔初嫁了,雄姿英发。羽扇纶巾,谈笑间,樯橹灰飞烟灭。故国神游,多情应笑我,早生华发。人生如梦,一尊还酹江月。
返回顶部

McNay Art Museum【McNay艺术博物馆】

McNay Art Museum

When I was 17, I read a magazine artice about a museum called the McNay, once the home of 

a watercolorist named Marian McNay.

17岁时,我在杂志上读到了一篇文章,讲的是一个叫麦克内伊的博物馆,那里曾经是一位

叫玛丽安·麦克内伊的水彩画家的家。

She had requested the community to turn it into a museum upon her death.

她要求社区在她死后将之改成博物馆。

On a sunny Saturday, Sally and I drove over to the museum. She asked, "Do you have the address?"

一个晴朗的周六,Sally和我开车前往那个博物馆。她问我:“你有地址吗?”

"No, but I'll recognize it, there was a picture in the magazine."

“没有,但是我能认出来,杂志上有一张图片。”

"Oh, stop. There it is!"

“哦,停车。就是这儿!”

The museum was free. We entered, excited. A group of people sitting in the hall stopped 

talking and stared at us.

博物馆是免费的。我们很兴奋地走了进去。坐在大厅里的一群人停止了交谈,盯着我们。

"May I help you?" a man asked.

“有什么能帮你吗?”一个男人问道。

"No," I said. "we're fine."

“不用,”我说。“我们可以自己来。”

Tour guides got on my nerves. What if they talked a long time about a painting you weren't that interested in?

导游会让我很心烦。万一他们长时间地谈论一幅你并不感兴趣的画怎么办?

Sally had gone upstairs. The people in the hall seemed very nosy, keeping their eyes on me

with curiosity. What was their problem?

Sally去了楼上。大厅里的人似乎很爱管闲事,好奇地盯着我。他们有什么问题吗?

I saw some nice sculptures in one room. Suddenly I sensed a man standing behind me.

"Where do you think you are?" he asked.

我在一间房间里看到了几件漂亮的雕塑。突然,我感到一个男人站在我身后。“你知道自己在哪儿吗?”他问。

I turned sharply, "The McNay Art Museum!"

我猛地转过身,说:“麦克内伊美术馆!”

He smiled, shaking  his head. "Sorry, The McNay is on New Braunfels Street."

他笑了,摇着头说:“抱歉,麦克内伊美术馆在新布朗费尔斯街。”

"What's this place?" I asked, still confused.

“那这是什么地方?”我疑惑地问道。

"Well, it's our home."

“这是我们家。”

My heart jolted, I raced to the staircase and called out, "Sally! Come down immediately!"

我的心怦怦直跳,我跑到楼梯上,大声喊:“Sally!马上下来!”

"There's some really good stuff up there." She stepped down, looking confused.

“上面有一些非常棒的东西。”她走下楼,看起来很困惑。

I pushed her toward the front door, waving at the family, saying, "Sorry, pleaes forgive us,

you have a really nice place."

我把她推到门口,向这户人家挥手,说:“对不起,请原谅我们,你们的房子真不错。”

Outside, when I told Sally what happened, she covered her mouth, laughing.

在外面,当我告诉Sally发生了什么时,她捂着嘴笑了起来。

She couldn't believe how long they let us look around without saying anything.

她不敢相信他们什么都没说,而让我们四处看了那么久。

The real McNay was splendid, but we felt nervous the whole time we were there. Van Gogh, Picasso.

真正的麦克内伊博物馆棒极了,有梵高。毕加索的作品,但是在那里的整个过程我们都很紧张。

This time, we stayed together, in case anything else unusual happened.

这次我们一直呆在一起,以防发生其他不寻常的事情。

Thirty years later, a woman approached me in a public place.

30年后,在一个公共场合,一个女人向我们走来。

"Excude me, did you ever enter a residence, long ago, thinking it was the McNay Museum?"

“打扰一下,很久以前你进过一栋住宅,以为那是麦克内伊博物馆吗?”

"Yes. But how do you know? We never told anyone."

“对。但是你怎么知道?我们从没告诉过任何人。”

"That was my home. I was a teenager stitting in the hall. Before you came over,

I never realized what a beautiful place I lived in.

“那是我家。当时我是个十几岁的孩子,坐在大厅里。在你没来之前,我从来

都没有意识到我住在一个多么美丽的地方。

I never felt lucky before. You thought it was a museum. My feelings about my home

changed after that. I've always wanted to thank you."

我从来都没有感到过幸运。你却以为它是博物馆。从那以后,我对家的感觉就改变了。我这一直想谢谢你。”

 

2018年天津卷B

解析

1、turn...into... (使)变成...

2、recognize n.认出;辨认

  recognition n.辨认

  beyond/out of recognition 无法辨认

  recognize 承认

  with / receive / gain recogniton for something 在...上获得承认

3、get on my nerves 使我心绪烦躁

4、jolt v.使震动;撞击;使...震惊...

  to jolt sb out of sth 使某人从事某物中猛然醒悟过来

5、splendid adj.壮丽的;华丽的;(magnificent; very impressive

文中单词
单词 释意
residence n.住宅;居住;居留权
sculptures n.雕刻术;雕刻
watercolorist n.水彩画家
nosy adj.好管闲事的;爱追问的
sharply adv.锐利地;急剧地
stuff adj.毛织品的;n.东西;材料

 

posted @ 2018-11-21 16:19  飞乐  阅读(1014)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报