2013-07-16【每日一课】 新概念英语-第二课

Passage 2 Breakfast or lunch?  早餐还是午餐?
It was Sunday.  那是个星期天,
I never get up early on Sundays.  而在星期天我是从来不早起的,
I sometimes stay in bed until lunch time. 有时我要一直躺到吃午饭的时候。
Last Sunday I got up very late.  上个星期天,我起得很晚。
I looked out of the window.  我望望窗外,
It was dark outside.  外面一片昏暗。
'What a day!' I thought. “鬼天气!”我想,
 'It's raining again.' Just then, the telephone rang.  “又下雨了。”正在这时,电话铃响了。
It was my aunt Lucy.'  是我姑母露西打来的。
I've just arrived by train,' she said. “我刚下火车,”她说,
'I'm coming to see you.'  “我这就来看你。”
'But I'm still having breakfast,' I said. “但我还在吃早饭,”我说。
'What are you doing?' she asked. “你在干什么?”她问道。
‘I’m having breakfast,' I repeated. “我正在吃早饭,”我又说了一遍。
'Dear me,' she said.  “天啊,”她说',
Do you always get up so late? It's one o'clock!'' “你总是起得这么晚吗?现在已经1点钟了!”

Notes on the text 课文注释

1 on Sundays,指每个星期日。星期几的前面用介词on。

2 What a day!多么糟糕的天气!这是一个省略的感叹句。完整的句子应该是What a day it is!英语中的感叹句常用what开头,后面紧跟一个名词或名词性短语(包括连系动词),然后是主语和谓语,句尾用感叹号。

3 I'm coming to see you.在这句话中现在进行时用来表示近期按计划或安排要进行的动作。

4 Dear me!天哪!这也是一个感叹句。

posted on 2013-07-16 10:00  ? 左小夕  阅读(122)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报