The system carries out the following activities in order to determine the release strategy for a purchase requisition. Filling the communication structure When you process a purchase requisition, the system passes on the data from the document to the communication structure CEBAN. Certain fields of the latter are determined from the requisition data prior to the transfer.
For example, the total value of an item is determined and passed on in this way.
Note If you wish to use fields that are not included in the communication structure CEBAN to determine the release strategy, you must insert the relevant fields in the communication structure CEBANZZ. Via the customer exit M06B0002 (item-wise release) and M06B0005 (overall release), you can then include in the communication structure data that is not included in the structure in the standard system.
Example The responsible cost center manager is to be determined for a cost center in the purchase requisition. This data is read fom the cost center master record, inserted in the field USRC1, and passed on to the communication structure CEBAN. After the data has been passed on to the communication structure, the system initiates an object search:
1. The document type of the purchase requisition determines whether the latter is released in total or item-wise.
2. The system determines the relevant class via the type of release (overall or item-wise). Note Only one class is allowed per type of release. This means that you must assign the same class to all release groups valid for overall release, for example. When defining release procedures for purchase requisitions, you must thus create a maximum of two classes: one for overall release and one for item-wise release.
3. The system assigns the values from the communication structure CEBAN to the characteristics of this class.
4. Via the object search function, the system then identifies a release strategy whose characteristics accord with the values from the communication structure or lie within the specified interval.
The following search results are possible:
1) Just one release strategy is found. The system assigns this release strategy to the purchase requisition.
2) Several release strategies are found. The system assigns the first release strategy found to the requisition.
3) No release strategy is found. The system does not assign a release strategy to the requisition.
The latter can be converted into a follow-on document without having to be released.
In standard design system only considers characteristics from CEKKO structure for release strategy consideration. But it will not stop us in selecting the other characteristics. Please go through the IMG help of release strategy, will give good information. I think you have already read the note: The characteristics of the class used must all be linked to the corresponding fields of structure CEBAN or CEKKO (for purchase orders)...." Characteristics which are created for the release strategy with classification MUST access communication structures CEBAN or CEKKO since during the strategy determination, the system cannot access any other tables or structures.
If the characteristics refer to fields which are not contained in structures CEBAN or CEKKO, the corresponding fields can be added to communication structure CEKKOZZ or CEBANZZ, or an append structure can be created for CEKKO or CEBAN in which new fields can be included. If you want to use new defined fields as part of the release strategy clasification, you should use enhancement M06E0004 (User exit "exit_saplebnd_002").
This user exit allows you to use the user fields in strucure CEKKO to include additional data. Use the user fields of this structure: USRC1, USRC2, USRN1 or USRN2 and control them through user exit "EXIT_SAPLEBND_002. Otherwise new field will not work.
As you very well know SAP has provided the following customer exits which allow us to change the communication structure for determining the release strategy:
* Purchase requisition M06E0002 - for item wise release
* Purchase requisition M06E0005 - for overall release
* External purchasing document M06E0004
The more information, you can refer to: