10分钟口语

我身无分文。
I'm broke.
May I borrow ten dollars? (能借给我10美元吗?)
Sorry, I'm broke. (对不起,我现在身无分文。)
I have no money.
I'm out of money.
I'm flat broke. (* 强调的说法。)


现在我有很多现金。
I have a lot of money on me now.
I brought a lot of money with me. (我带来了许多现金。)
I'm rich now. (我现在很有钱。)
I'm rolling in it.
I have lots of cash on me.


我可没有时间闲呆着。
I can't afford to be lazy. (*afford“有钱,有时间,有力量”、“有富余”。)
I can't afford to be idle.
I don't have time to be lazy.
这个周末你有空吗?
Are you free this weekend? (*free“有空,空闲”。)
Are you free this weekend? (这个周末你有空吗?)
Yes, I am. (嗯,有空。)
*回答no时,用“No, I have plans.”(不,我有安排。)
“No, I'm going skiing.” (不,我要去滑雪。)

真对不起,我另有安排。
Sorry, I'm tied up. [*be tied up“受(时间的)约束”]
Sorry, I have plans.
Sorry, I'm busy. (对不起,我很忙。)
I'm sorry, but I have other plans.
另找时间可以吗?
How about a rain check? [*rain check指“(比赛、活动等)因雨天改期再赛时作为入场券的原票票根”。由因雨天中止或延期比赛而发给观众“rain check”引申为被邀请者因故不能接受邀请,而邀请继续有效的意思,“以后方便的时间”、“下次还有机会”。]
Let's do it another time. (再找时间吧。)
Could we plan it for another day? (能找其他时间吧?)
Some other time. (再找其他时间吧。)

你定时间吧。
You decide when.
I'll leave it up to you. (全交给你了。)
It's your decision. (你定吧。)

就那个时间吧。
It's a date. (*这句用于确认约会的日期和时间。)
It's a date. (就那天吧。)
Okay, see you then. (行,到时候见。)
Let's meet tomorrow at 7∶30. (明天7∶30见吧。)
It's a date. (那,到时候见吧。)
posted @ 2007-08-10 09:26  陋室  阅读(217)  评论(1编辑  收藏  举报