核聚英语23篇-12.天下大事必作于细
Lay this brick perfectly 砌好这块砖
威尔史密斯
One summer his dad tore down a brick wall in the front of his business and told 12-year-old Will and his 9-year-old brother to rebuild it.
一年夏天,威尔的父亲推到了自家商店门前的一面墙,让12岁的威尔和9岁的弟弟重建它。
A job they said was impossible.
他们认为这是一个不可能完成的工作。
It took them a year and a half, but they did it.
那花了他们一年半的时间,但是,他们做到了。
And he said, "now don't you ever tell me there's something that you can't do."
威尔的父亲说,“那么,永远不要跟我说有什么事你做不到”。
You don't set out to build a wall.
你不要想着去早一堵墙。
You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built."
不要想着说,我要造世界上最大的,最厉害,最宏伟壮观的墙。
You don't start there.
不要抱着这种态度开始。
You say, "I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid."
你要说,我要砌好这块砖,砌地尽可能完美无缺。
You do that every single day.
你每天都要这样做。
And soon you have a wall.
很快,你就有了一堵墙。

威尔斯密斯
道德经第六十三章:
爲無爲,事無事,味無味。
圖難於其易,爲大於其細。
天下難事,必作於易,天下大事,必作於細。
是以聖人終不爲大,故能成其大。
夫輕諾必寡信,多易必多難。
是以聖人猶難之,故終無難矣。

浙公网安备 33010602011771号