Fixed: My Generation Drivers Dropdown List Empty
I just installed latest version of MyGeneration 1.3.1 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 and on the first run I came to know that the “Drivers” dropdown list is empty.
Tried with different solutions from different sources on the net and none of them worked…
- Tried working DefaultSettings.xml replaced.
- Tried with different drivers installations.
- Tried without MDAC 2.7+ driver check.
- Checked if the problem is for 64-bit only, etc.
How it can be fixed? Here, follow these steps:
The problem is because of multiple .Net Frameworks installed. MyGeneration Setup program registers MyMeta.dll with .Net v2.0 while the program should be registered with the .Net v4.0:
1. Uninstall MyGeneration if already installed.
2. Uncheck the option for MDAC 2.7+ checkbox while setup.
3. After installation click “No” when asked – “Launch MyGeneration?”
4. Go to Visual Studio 2010 Command Prompt and enter following command
5. regasm.exe “c:\Program Files (x86)\MyGeneration13\MyMeta.dll” / tlb: MyMeta.tlb
6. Exit Command Prompt when successfully registered.
7. Run MyGeneration with Drivers dropdown list full of available drivers.