Positions: SDE for Big Data Cloud Services
Azure Big Data Cloud Services and Cosmos are key components of Microsoft’s big data strategy. We have exciting opportunities for engineers at all levels!
Cosmos is a massively-parallel distributed system comprised of tens of thousands of commodity servers, coordinating to provide vast reliable storage and stunning computation power. Every day we process hundreds of petabytes of data from Azure, Bing, AdCenter, MSN, and Windows Live. Every day we run thousands of computations that read and write petabytes of data. The underlying service needs to be unimaginably fast, and it needs to be rock-solid reliable.
The Cosmos Team (part of the overall Big Data Cloud Services team) is on path to scale to exabytes of storage in coming years. Our users run computations over the sum corpora of human knowledge - multiple copies of the world-wide-web and all of the structured data/imagery linked from it. A ‘small’ computation for us reasons over terabytes of storage within a few seconds; computations that read petabytes are becoming more and more common.
The Big Data team in C&E is effectively part of a bigger team located in Both Bellevue, WA, USA and Beijing.
Big Data team in C&E is looking for developers to help advance the state of the art in multiple areas, such as, Front End cloud services, Services management and Telemetry/Analytics. The engineer will design, implement, and deliver one or more important Big Data services, components, or tools.
This is a fun and fast paced environment and a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft. We have very tough competition and there are a lot of challenges for us to tackle.
Candidates are expected to have following qualifications:
•      Love to design and write good code
•      Have great technical passion,   strong problem-solving skills, drive for results, and ability to work independently
•      Have experienced full product life cycle; managed project development and schedule to a successful shipping
•      Good   communication and collaboration skills
•      Fluent in one of the major programming languages: C, C++, C#, or Java
•      Experience in one of the following areas :   Hadoop, MapReduce, operating system kernels, distributed systems, storage systems, and compiler and development environment
•      Minimum of 3 to 5 years of software development experiences. Bachelor degree in computer science or a related field is required.   Master or Ph.D. is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.